With “Avengers: Endgame” coming out next weekend, I thought it appropriate to address some of the scenes I hope to see in the film:
- A mid-movie, Westside Story musical number starring Thanos, in which he inadvertently decimates another 90% of the universe’s population.
- An opening scene where a depressed Steve Rodgers eats soggy Cheerios from his Captain America shield, which he now uses as a bowl.
- Tony Stark survives his stint in space and returns to Earth, but refuses to help the other Avengers defeat Thanos until Hawkeye gets a haircut.
- A scene where Hawkeye admits that he only cut his hair into that weird mohawk because “Captain Marvel wears it like that sometimes.”
- The Guardian’s Of The Galaxy re-materialize from their “snapped” status, but are now all genetically intermixed. Groot returns with an eloquent and extensive vocabulary, while the rest of the crew can only say “I am (fill in blank)” in different inflections. All members are now voiced by Vin Diesel.
- Bruce Banner is finally able to coax out the Hulk, only to find that Hulk has taken a passionate interest in musical theater, which leads into the Westside Story dance number.
- It is revealed there is a seventh Infinity Stone known as the Troll Stone. This stone has no real power of its own, but instead saps the power of the other Infinity Stones, and gives it wielder nothing more than an undeserved sense of self satisfaction.
- A scene where Jeff Goldblum reprises his role from “Thor: Ragnarok” in any capacity, only to be eaten by Carol Danvers’s cat.
- Thor complains about how scratchy his new prosthetic eye is throughout the entire movie, only to have it stolen back by Rocket Raccoon, and re-gifted to a re-materialized Nick Fury at the end.
- In the post credits scene, Dr. Strange has a moment of weakness and uses the Time Stone to exact revenge on a grade-school bully who turns out to be Victor Von Doom, setting up the next chapter in the Marvel franchise.
Sorry, I guess I should have said “Spoiler Alert” at the beginning. I apologize if I’ve ruined any surprises for anyone.
Please leave comments on the post of any scenes you hope to see in the new “Avengers: Endgame.” Also, don’t forget to click “Follow” on the right side of the page and subscribe to this blog! Its FREE!!! Which means its cost is right on par with its value.